Sun, Sep 17|
How to Edit & Organize Your Wardrobe
In this workshop you'll learn the exact Closet Audit process that I use with my clients to edit, organize and style their wardrobe—while helping them understand their wardrobes and personal style on a whole new level.
Time & Location
Sep 17, 2023, 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Kingston, 94 Brock St, Kingston, ON K7L 1R9, Canada
About the Event
Are you frustrated or overwhelmed by your closet each season (or perhaps every day)? Do you struggle to let go of items that are no longer serving you but aren't sure why? Are you making the same mistakes each time you buy something? Would you like to learn how to understand these habits and clean out your closet with purpose?
I gotchu! We all have our reasons for hanging onto certain clothes and this workshop exists to help you figure out the WHY, so you can move forward with your wardrobe and actually learn from these behaviors—rather than cleaning out your closet, season after season, and never really learning about yourself or your style. I believe our goal should be to get rid of less each time we go to edit our closet—and therefore it can be a less daunting, time consuming and nerve-wracking activity. No more letting go of items that you later regret, or hanging on tightly to ones that should no longer be there. Let's do things differently! This is a very therapeutic process that will leave you feeling both proud and inspired to live with less, shop with more intention, and understand how your wardrobe works.
In this 2-hour workshop, you'll learn the effective Closet Editing method that I've used with my clients for the last 6 years to edit and organize their wardrobe—while also gaining a better understanding of their relationship with clothing and their personal style. This workshop and method will teach you a variety of valuable lessons that you'll be able to refer to any time you're struggling with your wardrobe, such as:
- how to assess and edit your wardrobe from an objective rather than emotional perspective
- how to understand the shopping mistakes you keep repeating
- how to let go of the items that no longer serve you and feel confident in what you're keeping
- how to organize your wardrobe in a way that HELPS you get dressed
- how to understand what you actually need/what's missing, so you can make smarter purchases in the future
- ides for how to style your clothing in new ways
For the first hour, I will demonstrate exactly how the Closet Editing process works with my own clothes, and leave the second hour open to questions from the audience. You'll leave with a bound booklet of the Closet Editing Guide, and after the workshop, you’ll be emailed both a PDF version of the guide and a recording of the workshop so you can use it and refer to it any time you need to. The goal isn't to only have to use this process once, but rather any time the seasons change, or any time you are feeling confused about your style/you wardrobe/etc. I still refer to it all the time, as do past wardrobe participants!
- I use the word edit instead of purge for a few reasons: it sounds more sophisticated, it refers to being more thoughtful and intentional with your wardrobe, it's not associated with diet culture
- This workshop is not gender specific, and is helpful for anyone who is interested in this topic.
- Healthy snacks and non-alcoholic refreshments will be provided! If you have any food allergies, please send an email to email@example.com.
THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR YOU IF:
- You feel overwhelmed or defeated when you look in your closet.
- You keep buying clothing you don't end up wearing or don't even like.
- You have clothes you haven't worn in over six months.
- You aren't sure what clothes fit you.
- You have a hard time deciding what to keep, what to let go of, and where to donate.
- You want to build a wardrobe that works together but don't know where to start.
- You haven't purged your closet in the last year (or more).
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN FROM THIS WORKSHOP:
- The exact process I use with my clients to audit their wardrobes.
- How to sort through clothing in an objective way.
- How to decide what to keep and what to part with.
- How to determine which clothes you feel best in.
- How to effectively organize your closet and tips for keeping it that way.
- How to make smarter purchases in the future.
- Where you're at and where you need to go with your wardrobe.
- Tips for styling clothes to help you learn how to wear what you have.
- A new perspective on personal style, shopping, body image and more.
YOUR $60 INVESTMENT INCLUDES:
*payment installments are available via sezzle at checkout*
- A live 1-hour demo of the ClosettCandyy Wardrobe Editing & Organizing process
- 1-hour of Q&A to ask any questions you'd like
- A recording of the above so you can repeat any time you need to
- A Printed Booklet & Digital PDF of the ClosettCandyy Wardrobe Editing Guide (18 page PDF)
- A list of options for donating/selling your clothes
- Closet organization and storage tips
- Access to the ClosettCandyy Personal Style Assessment
- A ClosettCandyy Clothing Care Guide
VALUE OF: ~ $500 (the approximate cost of hiring ClosettCandyy for a Closet Audit)
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING ABOUT THE WORKSHOP?
"Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and time with us. Your Closet Edit Workshop was exactly what I needed. It feels like an investment right into my soul! Not only did it give me the confidence to face my closet, I'm excited to approach it! (I've been dreading it for some time now). Before we dove into the Q&A you had started to ask what stood out to us from the workshop and I just wanted to share that your Categories blew my mind. I usually get hung up with the typical "Keep/Donate/Toss" because that really just didn't work for my brain. Your 9 Categories all make so much sense and even as you were sharing them, I was thinking about pieces in my closet that I need to address and now understand why and how. I've had a really difficult time with my clothes for the past few years and everything I'm taking away is freeing me from a lot of negative emotions about my clothes and my closet. I look forward to catching some of your other workshops this year and maybe even booking in a style session once I get my closet pared down." — Rebecca Ingersoll
"5+ hours later and I have a renewed love of my clothes and a much more organized closet. She lays it all out in an easy to follow step by step guide that gets to the heart of your clothing choices with really specific questions that guide you in narrowing down just where that item of clothing should be sorted to. The instructions, questions, and sorting are so easy to follow that it makes organizing your wardrobe fun and worthwhile because you’ll see results right away!! Can’t recommend her enough! It was the perfect spring cleaning push I needed." - Breanne Johnson
"I learned so much and realized that the items I loved but was unsure of, can be put together so differently...and how to let go of the ones that do not need to be there. You are so professional and enthusiastic and I can't wait to start my closet makeover. Thank you for your kindness and professionalism." - Nancy Stevens
"After attending both workshops, and enjoying them immensely, I can say I learned SO much. Thank you for sharing your knowledge, thank you for sharing your story. Thank you for putting so much effort and love into these workshops. They have already helped how I think about some of the clothes I own and feel confident about letting things go I've been holding onto for years." — Laura A
I took Jesse's workshop a few weeks ago on editing your wardrobe, and I won't lie- I wasn't exactly sure what to expect / whether it would even help me. I KNOW I enjoy dressing vintage, so understanding my personal style wasn't the issue. My main issue was that I had been stuck in a transitional stage between how I *have* been styling myself, and how I one day *want* to be dressing. Using the ClosettCandyy method, I went home with her workbook, and got real for the first time with my clothes. I got rid of so many things that were holding me back from feeling proud and confident. I'm finally on a clear path to my goal thanks to Jesse! Highly recommended, fun/welcoming energy, relatable instructor." - Laura Catherine
"I attended a workshop last year that focused on at-home closet organization and styling! It was such a great workshop with a positive and fun atmosphere. In the end, Jesse opened up the floor to allow us to ask questions. I mentioned how with an hourglass figure, I kept having to buy clothes to compensate for my bigger bust and hips (which would do nothing for my waist) so she suggested getting my clothes tailored to better fit me! Simple, but genius! She also suggested a wrap dress, as it would contain the cleavage, but also bring in the waist and flow down over the hips. For my daughter’s birthday, where I had 40 people, a professional videographer and photographer, and all eyes on me, I chose to wear exactly that type of dress. It was the perfect suggestion, I didn’t have to suck in or pose to try and find a flattering angle. The dress fit my body and I didn’t have to try and fit my body into the dress. I can’t thank Jesse enough, and I have been applying her tips to my closet, wardrobe, and personal style every day since her workshop. 10/10 recommend!" - Aleesha S
- Ticket type
+$7.80 HSTTax: +$7.80 HST
+$1.70 service fee+$1.70 service feeSale ended