Sun, Aug 14|
Learn How to Thrift Shop Like a Pro
Have you ever wondered how to make the most of a visit to the thrift store? From navigating the racks efficiently, to knowing what's quality versus what isn't, and if something is even worth the price?! Then this workshop might just be for you..
Time & Location
Aug 14, 2022, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Kingston, 540 Gardiners Rd, Kingston, ON K7M 3X9, Canada
About the Event
The goal of this workshop is to teach you how to...
- effectively prepare for a visit to the thrift store
- navigate a thrift store with efficiency and ease
- identify if a garment is worth the price
- identify what makes a quality garment — what to look out for
- identify if a garment can be altered or not
- choose the right pieces
- know if an item is your style
- think about styling garments together while you're browsing
- work through impulse purchases in the moment
This workshop is for you if...
- you'd like to thrift shop but you don't know where to start
- you get overwhelmed when you go into a thrift store
- you never have any luck at thrift stores
- you buy things you don't end up wearing
- you buy things you loved in store but later regret
- you don't know how to tell if an item is worth purchasing
- you'd like to know how to tell if a garment is made well or not
What's included in your ticket...
- details to help you prepare for the worksop
- a 3-hour workshop at Talize Kingston led by yours truly, teaching you the above and answering any questions you have related to the workshop
- an organized PDF of everything I talked about during the workshop
How it works
- A few days before the workshop, I'll send out an email with all my tips for how to prepare for a visit to the thrift store—including what to wear.
- In the same email, I'll explain how the workshop will take place and you can send me any questions you have.
- On the day of the workshop, we meet at Talize Kingston 10 minutes beforehand.
- We begin with how to navigate a thrift store, moving through the sections together. There will be times I speak to you as a group, and times when I will help you individually with your items.
- At the end of the workshop, you purchase any items that we've determined are worth it.
- By the end of the day, I send you an organized PDF of everything we discussed.
- to keep this workshop intimate and connected, I've capped the tickets at 4 total
- If you would like to see this workshop in your city and know people who would like to attend, give me a shout at email@example.com and we can make it happen!
Pay what you want
Pay what you want