Date + Time is TBD|
94 Brock St
The Basics of Building a Sustainable Wardrobe
PAY WHAT YOU CAN! This workshop was created to help you understand the basics (and the not-so-basics) of what it means to have a sustainable wardrobe. Join me to learn why a slower, more intentional wardrobe is better for you, the fashion industry, and the planet.
Time & Location
Date + Time is TBD
94 Brock St, 94 Brock St, Kingston, ON K7L 1R9, Canada
About the Event
As a former fast fashion addict, I've been learning about what it means to have a truly sustainable and mindful wardrobe for the past four years. Like most things on the internet, once something becomes popular, it becomes trendy...and sometimes this results in the message being diluted. Many people, my clients included, are still confused about what sustainability means, and what they can do in their everyday lives to have a more mindful, sustainable wardrobe. I'm eager to share what I've learned in a way that inspires you, teaches you the basics and the not-so-basics, and gives you a handy guide to refer back to when questioning what it means to build and maintain a sustainable wardrobe.
In this 2-hour virtual workshop, I'll answer the questions...
- What is sustainability?
- What does it mean when a garment is sustainable?
- What does it mean to have a sustainable wardrobe?
- What is slow fashion versus fast fashion?
- Can a fast fashion purchase be sustainable?
- What are ethics when it comes to fashion and style?
- Can a brand be ethical but not sustainable?
- What is greenwashing?
- How do I know if a brand is ethical and trustworthy?
- How do I know if a garment is made to last?
- What fabrics are the most sustainable and why?
- What does it mean to shop sustainably?
- What is cost per wear and why does it matter?
- How can I shop more sustainably?
- How can I care for my clothes more sustainably?
- What are all of the different ways I can be more sustainable with my wardrobe?
What's included in your ticket:
- A spot at the 2-hour virtual workshop
- A recording of the workshop
- A copy of the presentation I share with you
I want to share this knowledge with as many people as possible to spread the slow fashion, conscious consumer mindset... so this particular workshop is PAY WHAT YOU CAN! Whatever your budget is, that's what you can pay. If your budget is $0, send me an email and I'll connect you with a ticket. If you'd like to pay close to full price, $10 - $30 is recommended.
*This workshop is not to be confused with how to build your dream wardrobe—that workshop is in the works and focuses on the actual process of how to plan your wardrobe pieces, colours, and styles, that work together for a cohesive wardrobe.
General AdmissionPay what you want+Service fee